Nexans is the worldwide leader in the cable industry, offering an extensive range of cables and cabling systems to raise industrial productivity, improve business performance, enhance security and assure long-term network reliability. With an industrial presence in 40 countries and commercial activities worldwide, Nexans employees 25,000 people and had sales in 2012 of 7.2 billion euros.
Rather than depend on separate suppliers, Nexans draws on its own production facilities in Europe, Asia and America to produce every type of cable used on a modern vessel, from bulk carriers, anchor handling tug supply (AHTS) ships, ocean station vessels (OSVs) and FPSOs to cruise liners and oceanic research ships.
A truly global manufacturer and supplier, Nexans provides a wide family of marine cables for ships being built around the world. In fact, Nexans and its subsidiaries (Kukdong and Nexans Ficap) currently supply more than 20% of the global shipbuilding cable market.
In a nutshell, the unique characteristics of Nexans range of cables are as follows:
- Lower overall costs for shipboard cables without compromising quality
- Pre-cut and pre-assembled solutions to facilitate modular construction
- Ability to quickly meet unexpected design changes and modifications
- Quality solutions that shorten installation time and increase installer efficiency
- Energy and propulsion efficiency through lighter high-performance cables
- Increased data capacity both for ship administration and passenger/crew comfort
- Flexible, strippable, paint resistant, environmentally friendly cables
With a vast product range, extensive global production and research facilities, Nexans is continuing to innovate and develop new products and services for shipbuilding: making cables easier to install and more flexible, ensuring that they are operationally and environmentally safe, improving fire performance and survivability, and developing new customer services in design, custom cutting, labeling, pre-assembly, and just-in-time delivery worldwide.