We are pleased to announce our new collaboration and representation with our Partners, Messrs. Cryovision®, enabling us to perform LNG tanks’ periodical inspections.
In accordance with the latest IGC Code for the integrity assessment of LNG cargo tanks, the design of the secondary barrier shall be such that it is capable of being periodically checked for its effectiveness.
LNG Tank integrity can be checked by means of pressure/vacuum test, visual inspection or another suitable method approved by the Flag Administration or the recognized organization acting on its behalf; while the supplier (service provider) is to be authorized by the system (tank) designer.
Cryovision®, as a subsidiary of GTT, is authorized (both from GTT & major class societies), to perform relevant inspections with the methods mentioned here below :
- Standard NDT test (Vacuum SBTT, Acoustic emissions, Helium test, endoscopy)
- Automated primary membrane inspection (by using motorized balloon technology)
- Thermographic test (TAMI – Thermal Assessment of Membrane Integrity) for secondary barrier integrity assessment
While a significant number of SBTT and other NDT tests have been performed by Cryovision®, TAMI method has been proven to be the most reliable & competent solution with more than 150 LNG vessels (MarkIII / NO96 / MarkI / MarkIII FLEX) have been successfully inspected over the years.
Key features – TAMI advantages:
- Based on thermal transfer (from primary to secondary barrier) detected by thermal cameras
- High accuracy on findings
- 2 days per tank required (6 to 8 days for 4 tanks) / No scaffolding required
- Can be performed during laden voyage (most common way of performing the TAMI test)
- Can be performed at shipyard with the use of Nitrogen
- Applicable to all membrane type tanks
- Prompt availability with 30 certified engineers readily available
- Light logistics < 100 kg
- Has been developed with the cooperation of GTT (Tank designer)
With this new collaboration, our team is excited to be able to serve your LNG fleet with even higher standards of efficiency.