SCHAAF Gmbh are experts in high-pressure hydraulic technology.
Data and facts:
- Products with Lifetime Guarantee
- Over 100 people are employed in the company
- SCHAAF produces in three shifts – 24 hours, 6 days
- Almost 100 % is produced in-house
- 24-hour express delivery capability ensured for most parts
- 95 % of all materials available from stock
- On average, 1.9 tons of products leave the production location each day
- Schaaf employees make use of flexible working time arrangements for further training as technicians or engineers
Main products of interest:
- ExpaTen : Hydraulic Coupling Bolts
ExpaTen Bolts have revolutionised the removable flange connection of drive shafts, as a result of high pressure hydraulic technology, improving safety and giving recognised time and cost reductions. ExpaTen installation and
removal is guaranteed and can be done within 10 – 15 minutes per bolt.
Traditional reamer bolts almost always require re-working of the holes, therefore the sleeve of the ExpaTen assembly can be supplied in an oversize condition.
The oversize can be machined on site to give the correct clearance condition.
SCHAAF goes one step further by being the only company who designs hydraulic coupling bolts using FEA, allowing them to see localised stresses in the design which cannot be determined using only traditional calculations.
Ultimately this is one of the design factors that allows Schaaf the unique position of offering a ‘Lifetime Guarantee’, and hence only SCHAAF ExpaTen is under guarantee when their removal and re-installation performance is actually used.
- GripLoc: Connecting Shafts without Flanges
Shaft and axle connection with removable, two-piece Hydraulic Nut and two-piece SafeLoc element.
The GripLoc coupling system is capable of safely transferring high forces (torque and axial) yet requiring minimal space for installation or withdrawal, without the need of forged flanges on the shafts.
The system is as quick and easy to install as it is to disassemble, even after longterm use.
FEA analysis is again used every time and ‘Lifetime Guarantee’ provided.
- Hydraulic Bolt Tensioning Kits
Of great interest are also hydraulic bolt tensioning kits supplied by SCHAAF. These are known under the product code SSV and HM.
SCHAAF manufacture bespoke hydraulic bolt tensioning kits for various pre-tensioning applications on board ranging from con rod bolts, bearing cap studs, cylinder head bolts and many others.
Our principals’ products are used by many of the major 2 stroke and 4 stroke engine manufacturers such as MAN, MTU and Wartsila.
As you may see within the brochure and website SCHAAF’s SSV bolt tensioning kits have been awarded with a ‘Best in Technology’ award
Technava S.A. is assigned as an exclusive agent of SCHAAF Gmbh for the Greek and Cypriot market.